Principal iOS Engineer
About This Role:Vivrelle is a high-growth venture-backed start-up in the retail and luxury goods space. We offer a first-of-its-kind membership club that provides access to a shared closet of coveted designer handbags, jewelry and diamonds for a monthly membership fee. With a dedication to making luxury accessories fun, flexible, affordable, and sustainable, Vivrelle provides members with the ability to borrow items with no return date.
The Principal iOS Engineer will be responsible for the development, documentation and implementation of our native iOS application. Vivrelle is currently beginning the implementation of a new commerce backend and this position will directly own the transition from a legacy CMS-api-driven app to a native iOS application. As Principal iOS Engineer, your first contribution to the team will involve integrating the existing application with an API-first ecommerce solution.
This role reports directly to the VP of Engineering and is a full-time position in our Manhattan HQ.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead iOS application technical migration from current Craft-API to new API-first ecommerce platform, maintaining a high level of member experience
- Manage Vivrelle’s iOS application infrastructure, design, automated unit and UI testing, deployment strategy, testflight and Xcode Cloud builds
- Partner with Product team to develop creative solutions that meet rapidly evolving business requirements
- Create, refactor, troubleshoot, test and maintain our iOS codebase
- Produce high quality, clean and scalable code that is well documented, maintainable and testable using automation
- Drive business efficiency by automating manual tasks of nontechnical teams including showroom and retail operations, inventory management, and warehouse logistics
- Maintain production system uptime
- Maintain network security standards
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- Expert level experience with Swift, Swift UI, and Objective-C Required - new application to be built natively in Swift, but some legacy Objective-C remains
- 7+ years in iOS engineering preferably in highly scalable consumer facing responsive applications
- Experience implementing analytics platforms, AB testing platforms and an understanding of best practices in implementation
- Experience in a server-managed subscription environment, managing multiple user states within the application
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical experience
- Ability to translate business requirements into engineering workstreams
- Customer obsessed and clear understanding of how every technical project impacts the customer
- Experience managing other iOS engineers in technological workflow is preferred