About This Role:
Vivrelle has a newly created opportunity for an exceptional Controller to join our energetic, growing team in New York! We are a world-class start-up that provides access to a shared closet where members can borrow designer handbags, jewelry, and diamonds. We are a venture-backed, high-growth business that offers competitive compensation including equity and full benefits in a creative, flexible environment that invests in its professionals.
You will own the entire accounting function; sitting at the intersection of Operations, Finance, and the Leadership Team; supporting the growth of a fast-scaling subscription startup from the inside. Reporting to the VP of Finance, you will be critical in implementing a world-class Accounting & Finance function. You will provide financial insights to measure company performance, participate in operational decisions, and drive smarter business decisions across all levels of the organization. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious, extremely strong accountant that wants to be a key part of a high-growth fast-paced start-up.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Own all accounting operational functions
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external financial statements
- Coordinate activities of external auditors
- Own, update and maintain revenue workbooks
- Own vendor relationships for banks, credit cards and accounting software.
- Maintain equity capitalization table and reporting software Carta.
- Partner with HR on payroll, benefits and other areas, including state and federal employment taxes
- Manage inventory tracking and purchase orders
- Own the AP process and manage and report on cash flows
- Provide management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Manage the budget process and build strong relationships across the company
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes
- Conduct research and make recommendations to implement proper financial policies and processes (i.e. expense reimbursements, T&E, AP/AR, etc.)
- Monitor business performance metrics
- Oversee regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff when the team grows
- Corporate Governance, such as: preparation of annual tax returns, advise on proper insurance coverages, and ensuring compliance with local tax authorities.
- Improve performance by evaluating processes to drive efficiencies
- Analyze complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely
- financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes
- Support all levels of the company with in-depth analyses
Your Skills and Qualifications Include:
- 5-10 years experience in mid to large size companies, VC or start-up environment
- CPA Certification and audit experience with a public accounting firm required
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced growing environment
- Ability to facilitate an audit by a top 20 accounting firm.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, project management and communication skills
- A desire to dive in and learn about new problems, startups and technology
- Ability to interpret, understand and manipulate complex data - a master of excel and data
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to interact and influence at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and deliver within short/tight deadlines and with high precision
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity
- A scrappy, entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to turnaround high-quality projects quickly without depending on a large team
- A willingness to learn new technologies and a natural ability to thrive in team environments
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Masters of Accounting, MBA, or CFA
- SQL is a plus
- Experience implementing a new accounting system and experience with QuickBooks and NetSuite
Please send your resume and any relevant information to email@example.com.